Monday, June 22, 2009

June Camp Cards - Butterfly Theme

At Saturday's camp, it was brought to my attention that I had a butterfly theme going...even down to the butterfly-shaped entertaining crackers that were served. Completely unintentional, but fun.

This first card is a stair-step card. The idea comes from Kristin's blog, Sunshine, Smiles & Stamps=Lovin' Life. The ribbon holds it together so it will fit into an envelope, but if you take the ribbon off, it will sit on your desk with a stair-step effect and look so pretty! It uses my newest Big Shot die, Bigz Beautiful Butterflies with the Tea Party DSP.

This card was inspired by a card on Splitcoast. I changed the main image to use the God's Beauty hostess set. It was the first time I had inked up this set, and I think it's gorgeous. We also got out the new Crushed Curry ink pad to color in parts of the butterfly with our blender pens. I love this card!
The third butterfly card was also inspired by a card on Splitcoast. This butterfly is also cut using the Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die. The DSP is the retiring Sweet Always pack.
So there are three of the six cards we made at the June camp. I'll share the remaining cards later. They do not include butterflies.


No comments: