Thursday, June 11, 2009

Honorable Mention Cards

I had been working on cards to prepare for my June stamp camp, and these are some of the fruits of that effort. However, these cards didn't make the final cut for camp projects. Camp isn't until June 20th so I figured I'd post these now and post the camp cards after camp.

This card uses the Upsy Daisy stamp set and the birthday wishes greeting from WOW Flowers. This is adapted a bit from a card on Splitcoast. I was trying to find a good way to use up this beautiful Bella Rose DSP before it retires at the end of the month.
The Best Wishes card would make a great wedding card or anniversary card. It is heat embossed in silver on silver cardstock. The rose is from Fifth Avenue Floral and the greeting is from Sincere Salutations. The ribbon is white organza. It's a pretty card and fairly simple to stamp, but we just made a wedding card last month. This might find its way into a future camp, but it just wasn't right for this month. I'll give this card at a wedding reception this weekend!

The button die card is a modified version of Kimberly Van Diepen's card. From the looks of my cards, I think I need ribbon to make a card complete. The colors and buttons struck me as fit for a baby card so I added the baby greeting from the SAB stamp set. After Hurricane Ike, we're preparing for a baby boom here in the Houston area. One can't have too many baby cards on hand right now. I love the SAB So Saffron and Certainly Celery ribbons. I'm not sure what I'll do when I run out! Guess I'll have to find a new favorite from the new catalog. That probably won't be too difficult!

I love the color combo in the Sweet Always DSP. It's really kind of wild and unusual, but I think this card turned out so cute. I made one of these quilt cards, and then I couldn't stop! You punch out twelve squares using the 1-3/8" square punch. Adhere them to a scrap piece of cardstock and run it through the Big Shot with the Top Note die. I've seen some with faux stitching on them, but I prefer to keep mine clean and simple. I folded down the prongs on the back of the grommet and just tied the ribbon through the middle. The greeting is from one of the brand new stamp sets in the new Stampin' Up! 2009-2010 catalog called Teeny Tiny Wishes. It is a wonderful set. Just about every holiday or greeting is accounted for in that set. The size of the greetings works great with the word window punch as well as the new modern label punch from the new catty.
Until next post,
Happy Stamping!




No comments: